Well, this week hasn't been going my way at all and it's only Tuesday! Yesterday I planned on going to the gym after work then off grocery shopping and make a red velvet cake! Well, I stayed at work later than planned, got stuck in traffic due to the rain and ended up missing my lift class. Got to the gym and realized I didn't have my gym clothes with me so I decided to just go home so my baby and I could go to the store and buy food for the week. I was still determined to make the red velvet cake I've been craving for weeks now. Got home, put all the groceries up, started dinner (I made chicken adobo last night! yummo!) and while that's simmering on the stove I started sifting the flour and baking powder and then I realized I forgot to buy buttermilk! So I ended up not making the cake. Sure I could have or my boyfriend could have gone to the store but it's such an inconvenience and it's starting to get late. So for today I planned on going to the gym after work and stopping by at the store and pick up the buttermilk. My cousin JP was in town and invited him for dinner tonight so that means I don't have time to go to the gym after work. So I ended up not going AGAIN - (I'll make it up somehow). Well I made chicken cacciatore for dinner and of course the red velvet cake for dessert! The chicken cacciatore came out really good and my guest and my bf loved it! Just waiting for dessert. After dinner, while the cakes were cooling, I started making the frosting. I used fat free cream cheese instead of regular - cut the sugar content by a third and upped the vanilla. I noticed that the frosting was not as stiff as it's supposed to be but it still tasted good so I thought it will be okay. I started frosting the cake and as the title of this blog says - things don't always go as planned - the frosting was not stiff enough to hold the cake together. Oh well - it still tasted good and still had a delicious red velvet cake for dessert!
Things don't always go as planned but they somehow work out for the better and that doens't just apply to my red velvet cake! I took some photos!




Dinner was delicious both nights Baby! Thank you. I love you and the red velvet cake was da bomb!!!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete