Friday, May 7, 2010

**UPDATED** Longest Week Ever! (Chicken Chili Recipe)

TGIF!!! This has been one of the longest week of my life! As I mentioned before, I've been in a funk all week and I can't figure out why. The work outs this week definitely helped lighten up the mood but didn't really help me focus at work. I was still distracted. I'm just glad this week is over! On a lighter note, I sent my mom flowers for Mother's Day and she received them yesterday. She called to say thank you and that she loved them but we ended up having a lenghty conversation about pretty much everything! I get to see her on the weekends again so that's good - I miss her and I think Maddie misses her too!

I have a busy weekend ahead of me but looking forward to it. I have a boudoir, bridal and family (with a 4 legged family member) photo shoot tomorrow. I have to put together a contract for a wedding I booked for July 30th! So excited about that! The venue is one of the buildings I actually got to work on - so that's exciting! I also have to put together a contract for a Quinceneara I'm photographing on the 15th, oh did I mention they invited 400 guests??!! Yikes but I'm excited about that as well! It's my first event!

Anyhow, dinner is ready so that's it for now. I'll post more later because I have so much more to say. Topic: Relationships. :) Oh I'll add pics of dinner tonight as well! If you can't tell I LOVE Food ! Tonight's dinner: Chicken Chilli (so yummy I'll post recipe later as well!)

**UPDATE**

Obviously, I didn't post more "later" - I decided to spend time with my loves instead followed by a very busy weekend. So anyhow, about the relationship thing, I just don't get how some people stay in the relationships they're in even though it's not a healthy relationship. They come to you for advice on what should they do... you give them your opinion, they agree and then contradict themselves by staying in the relationship. I've been happy for so long that I don't quite remember what it's like to be unhappy. When it comes to relationships, is something really better than nothing? I guess I'll never get it. I mean why settle for something when you clearly deserve better and doesn't have to stick around with the drama?

On a lighter note, here's the Chicken Chili Recipe!

  • 3 chopped yellow onions
  • 1/8 cup good olive oil, plus extra for chicken
  • 4 cloves garlic (minced)
  • 2 red bell peppers, cored, seeded, and large-diced
  • 2 yellow bell peppers, cored, seeded, and large-diced
  • 2 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes, or to taste
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
  • 2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more for chicken
  • 2 (28-ounce) cans whole peeled plum tomatoes in puree, undrained
  • 1/4 cup minced fresh basil leaves
  • 4 chicken breasts
  • Freshly ground black pepper
Cook the onions in the oil over medium-low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Add the bell peppers, chili powder, cumin, red pepper flakes, cayenne, and salt. Cook for 1 minute. Crush the tomatoes by hand or in batches in a food processor fitted with a steel blade (pulse 6 to 8 times). Add to the pot with the basil. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Rub the chicken breasts with olive oil and place them on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast the chicken for 35 to 40 minutes, until just cooked. Let cool slightly and cut it into 3/4-inch chunks. Add to the chili and simmer, uncovered, for another 20 minutes. You can serve with corn chips, sour cream and lime :) Enjoy! If you try it - let me know how you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment