Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Price of Success (**UPDATE**)

"I know the price of Success: dedication, hard work and unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen." - Frank Lloyd Wright

One of my favorite quotes of all time and it happens to be by a famous and very talented architect. This quote popped in my head when I was wondering what the heck am I doing up at 2:30 in the morning? Yup, I'm working on my website. This time I'm adding some of my Interior Design work. I want the website to showcase not only my photography but sort of an online portfolio as well (the reason why I didn't choose a domain name with "photography" attached to it). So back to the quote, that's exactly why I'm up so late again - I work hard and I'm dedicated to the things I need to do to what I believe leads to success. Success is very subjective. What others find successful might not be for me and vice versa. To me, success is not necessarily being wealthy or having such a high status; it's reaching an ultimate satisfaction, knowing that I've given it my all and did the best that I could have done. Sometimes this is a problem because I'm such a perfectionist and I sometimes can't get any satisfaction on things that I do. It doesn't matter what others say or think (not that their opinions doesn't mean anything or matter to me) about my work, I find that I'm very critical of my work. I believe there's always room for improvement, just gotta know where to say enough. I'm probably rambling on and on about something that doesn't make any sense, I apologize in advance, blame it on the lack of sleep! There aren't just enough hours in the day to get everything I want to do done. As you may already know from my past blogs I'm always busy and quite frankly I don't mind it at all. I've always been hard worker. I believe there's such a great deal and more meaningful satisfaction when you're rewarded for something that you worked hard for instead of something that was handed to you.

Okay I had so many good thoughts and ideas to blog about this topic but now they all just seem to be all over my head. I think I'm going to bed and maybe I can be a little clearer tomorrow. Moving everything tomorrow so it's going to be a very long and busy day but I'll find sometime to blog and other things. I always do :) Oh check out the website - I'm about 98% finished ... for now ... Good night! (actually Good Morning!)        http://www.ronnielascano.com/

UPDATE

Okay, so I read what I wrote with relatively clear head and it made some sense to me so I don't think there's any clarification needed. I think I got the message across. Gotta work hard for the things you want to see happen. :) And I wasn't able to blog the next day like I said because we don't have the internet hooked up in the place yet!  :)

2 comments:

  1. I just love you! We were cut from the same mold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) can't help that I'm so lovable! and I don't know about the same mold. The mold must have flatten out the butt and chest area once they were done with you!!! :) LOL.

    ReplyDelete