Friday, August 27, 2010

No Ultimate Quick Fix

It's funny that some people call me a "health nut"...to be honest, I don't think I am. They also say "those damn Asians are just genetically skinny." No not really. I just do what I've always done. I've always made the effort to make smart choices when it comes to my health. A lot of it really was triggered by my family's health history especially on my father's side. My father died when he was 35 years old to heart disease, his father died when he was in his early 50s, his brother died when he was only 22 and his other brother died last year when he was just in his early 40s. So far the women are relatively healthy but when I was younger I knew that I didn't want to take that chance. So when I was old enough to make decisions for myself I took it upon myself to try to be proactive with this and hopefully prevent it altogether. So to me, being somewhat of a "health nut" is a way of life but I also don't stop myself from trying some "unhealthy stuff" to satisfy my curious appetite. I've always been athletic as far as I can remember. I played sports all throughout my school years and active most of my adult years. I've slacked off every now and then but I've never to a point where my body didn't know what working out was.

I can actually say that I'm a healthy person and I look pretty good (except for a few problems spots but not worth obsessing about) but it wasn't by nature. I worked hard and continue to work hard for it.

So after a very long introduction to my point... this leads to an ad that I saw by Nike that I thought was very true. I just love this ad. It's funny because every time I see those "toning shoes" commercial - I just cringed and shake my head because I don't believe that they work plus they're just horrible looking! I would NEVER wear those!

I love the slogan "The Shoe Works if You Do". A few people at work have asked me to help them get healthy and ultimately lose weight and I'm very happy to do so! I always tell them that it's going to take time to get there. There's no quick fix to getting to your goal in a month or a week or overnight! No diet pills, or drinks, or shoes will give you a healthy, toned body if you don't work for it!

I'm a big believer of Maximum Efforts = Maximum Results. Just wearing those "toning shoes" doesn't give you toned legs, toned butt, or toned body. YOU have to do some work! You can wear whatever shoes available out there and you can can do lunges, squats, run, lift weights and eat right THEN you can have those toned legs, tone butt and toned body! So if you think by wearing those ugly toning shoes is going to get you healthy and fit - think again. I've also read that those shoes can actually do more harm than good in the long run.

So if you want to be healthy and fit - the truth is there's no easy way out. You have to make the effort and commit yourself and do the work to live a healthy fit life. It's YOU that makes a difference, not the shoes you wear or the clothes you wear to work out. If you're still sold on those toning shoes - I suggest you do some research and read the studies done about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment