I've always worked out with my headphones glued to my ears. I have at least 5 different work out playlists on my iphone. Last night my baby and I took the kiddos for a run/walk as our warm up as soon as I got home we then walked to the gym and I was so anxious to start my new routine! As I putting my stuff down and getting ready I realized that I forgot my headphones! Ugh! I absolutely hate working out without music! I could have walked back to the apartment and grab them but I didn't want to go in the house and have my kids see then leave again :( So I sucked it up and just worked out.
I found that I had to put more effort in concentrating about my work out without music. I wasn't as "pumped" like I normally am. My mind was a bit more focused on the fatigue and pain. I normally sing along to the songs which usually keeps my mind of that stuff. It was hard to get to "the zone". It was specially hard when I was running. It seemed so boring and I didn't have that "skip to the beat" run like I normally do.
I was exhausted and fatigued after an hour and half of work out but I still felt good. I'm starting to be my "old self" again.
Anyhow, so today I made sure that I have a pair of headphones in my gym back. I'll have a pair dedicated just for my workouts. I would never let this happen again.
Some Music on my playlist:
Make Me - Janet Jackson
Scream - Michael Jackson & Janet Jackson
Vanity - Christina Aguilera
Work that Body - Black Eyed Peas
Just Dance - Lady Gaga
Single Ladies - Beyonce
Prima Donna - Christina Aguilera
Bebot - Black Eyed Peas
My Hump - Fergie
Do Something - Britney Spears
Put Your Hands on Me - Joss Stone
California Girls - Katie Perry
Holla Back Girl - Gwen Stefani
Closer - Neyo
I can go on and on.... But you get the point - you should play something up beat and whatever music you love! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment