Sunday, January 12, 2014

Recipe: Cravings (Spicy Chicken & Broccoli Recipe)

Another craving I had was beef and broccoli so with ingredients I had in hand, I whipped up a delish and healthy to satisfy my Chinese food craving.

I used 2 boneless and skinless chicken breast and cut into 1" cubes instead of beef, seasoned with salt and pepper.

I preheated my pan and heated 1 tsp of coconut oil. Added 1 medium chopped onion and sautéed for about 2 minutes. Add 4 cloves of chopped garlic and 2 tbsp of chopped ginger. Sautee for another 2 minutes.


Move aromatics to the side and brown chicken cubes on both sides.



Once the chicken is brown, I added my veggies. I had a head of broccoli in the fridge and some more snap peas. So I threw those in there.





I let it cooked for about 2 minutes then added my tamari and chili sauce mixture. (2 tbsp of low sodium tamari and 1 tbsp of chili sauce). This is where you would usually add 1 tbsp of cornstarch to help thicken the sauce but I'm not sure if cornstarch is allowed in my diet at this time so I omitted it.



Mix it well and let it cook for 2 minutes, add 1/2 cup of water and cover and let simmer for about 5 minutes. 





And done! I served this on a bed of quinoa/brown rice mixture and a side of extra chili sauce. 



It was delish! Vince thought that it'll probably be good if we added unsalted peanuts at the end for extra crunch and I agree. I didn't have any in the pantry. Maybe next time. 






No comments:

Post a Comment