Saturday, April 5, 2014

Peak Week - Staying Focused

Well it's the beginning of Peak Week and I'm exactly a week out from my very first NPC Competition. Wow. I can't believe it's almost here. By this time next week, I will be devouring a whole sleeve of rice cakes and a jar of peanut butter! Maybe, I haven't really decided what I wanted to eat right after the show. It keeps changing.

It has been a rough few days. Energy was low but I'm pretty sure most of it is that I was feeling really down and heartbroken after hearing about the tragic death of a friend. Since we changed my diet last week, we cut some of my carbs and wasn't able to have steak anymore, but added peanut butter, she anticipated a drop in my strength and energy. I was fine until I heard about the news. Thursday morning, I struggled during sprints (though I increased my speed to 11.5 mph). I got home later that night from work and definitely did not have the energy to do my workout, so I took the night off and used it as my rest day rather than Friday. My mind was restless and I remembered checking the time around 2:30 AM. I woke up the next day, dead tired but I got up, got dressed and showed up and did my workout. It was a long day at work. It was a long day period. My friend's death was affecting me more than I ever expected and Vince as well. He was an amazing person and would never, ever forget him. I got home, ate meal 5 and really thought about not working out again. I sat there and fought with myself whether to go or not. Finally I decided to go. I was still a little down but I put on my headphones extra loud and did my warm up. After my warm up, I turned around and saw my amazing husband. He showed up to motivate and spot me. He knew I needed support since I was struggling. Killed my workout despite my energy level. Vince kept me focused and pushed me to get through my reps and sets. He even challenged me to do an unassisted pull up and I did! I will write a separate post about that - it's a big deal! Anyhow, I felt great walking out of the gym and felt a sense of accomplishment. No matter what was going on with me emotionally, mentally, and physically, I was able to do what I needed to do with a little push and with the help of my husband.

Later that night, no matter how tired I was, my mind was still restless. I was did not go to bed til around 3 am. Unfortunately I missed Saturday morning class. I overslept a bit. I had breakfast and headed to the gym and did a workout on my own and headed to meet the group. Tried on my suit again, since we had to make some adjustments to it. The girls are looking incredible and we are all excited. Chris handed us a list of things we need to do and have prepared for Peak Week.

Yoko and I have posing session tomorrow morning and take a look at things and see what we need to tweak in my nutrition and training. We're going to meet often this week to keep an eye on my progress so I am at my peak comes Saturday.

Today, I spent half of my day at the salon (Dayna @ Matthew Morris Salon is the bomb!! Love her! She's my esthetician and make up artist. I had all my waxing done today and we did a trial on my make up. Also tweaked a couple of things with hair. I think this is the direction we going with.



This week, maybe it's all mental but I feel like I've gained some fat but apparently I'm crazy but let's see what the coach says tomorrow. I've definitely come down but I feel like I'm not seeing definition and I'm retaining water, hopefully with the start of diuretic and water depletion towards the end of next week, will help with the definition. 

Minus the tan and bikini bite and hopefully with extra definition on my body, this is the package we are presenting on stage next Saturday. Still have a little bit of improvements to make but it's definitely a package that I'm darn proud of.



1 comment: