During my break, I slowly reintroduced certain things back in my system. As much as I wanted to just eat EVERYTHING that I've been craving / wasn't able to have within hours after I stepped off the stage, I didn't. It was part of my plan to diet out so we don't cause any metabolic damage to my body. After about a week of slowly reintroducing fats, sodium and what not back in my system, Vince, Yoko and I went HAM on some cheese and sushi!
It was GLORIOUS but I was sick to my stomach right after from over doing it. I thought I needed to go to the ER just to feel better but took some Digestive Enzymes and melatonine in hopes that it would help make me feel better and it did.
I was still riding the high of the competition and couldn't wait to get back on stage and planned on doing the Mile High show at the end of May but after our discussion on what we needed to improve on based on the feedback I received from the judges, Yoko and I both decided that 5 weeks was not enough time to make the improvements we needed to make. I would be doing the show just for the experience alone since most of the feedback I received are about developing glutes/hams tie ins as well as delts/arms tie ins. So we've decided that a show in August would be best. It's enough time to make some improvements. Oh and did I mention that Vince is going to be that show as well? (well, we're going to make the call 4 weeks out if he's ready or not, if not, we will be doing the Rocky show in November which is the last show of the year in Colorado but more on that later..)
Here are some of the feedback I received from a few of the judges. I'm happy with my the feedback and we knew that my biggest weakness was my glutes (that flat ass asian ass I swear) - the struggle is real and more development on my delts.
I took about a week off training all together but jumped right back into it but eased off on the cardio a bit (every one knows I'm not a big fan of cardio). My food remained clean with the exception of some of my cheat meals which were a bit more frequent than "normal". I had about 2-3 cheat meals a week. I allowed myself to enjoy the things that were on my "have to have this when I can" list. I had pizza, burger, asian food, desserts, pasta, etc. I knew that I would be back to training soon and wanted to give myself a break from restrictions. I deserved it.
I took this time to experiment with some awesome clean eats in my kitchen. I definitely need to work on a cook book. Haha. One project at a time. Maybe later on...









No comments:
Post a Comment