Wednesday, June 4, 2014

All About Muscles

Muscles. Building mucles to be specific, actually, building the right amount of muscles in the right place, to be really specific. That's the focus of my prep this time around. As I mentioned in another blog posting, most of the feedback from the judges are about my glutes and hams as well delts. I get a lot of mixed comments whenever I mention, I'm building muscles. I get a lot of "don't get too musculy" or "you're lucky you can grow muscles, no matter what I do, I just can't" or "you don't need muscles, you have enough" or "you're gonna have to take some roids for that.."

My first reaction to these is always "Seriously?" - well more like "WTF". But after I calm myself down, I have to tell myself that this is just people saying things because they don't know enough about it.

I don't really like it when people tell me "don't get too musculy". I find it rude. Very rude. Especially to a body builder. We are building the right amount of muscles in the right places to sculpt the physique that we re trying to achieve. Being "too musculy" isn't really a concern. I happen to find muscles very attractive (yes even on women). Being too "musculy" is subjective. It's not going to make me look like a man and it doesn't mean I'm taking steriods either.
I'm also not "lucky" that I can build muscle easily. There is nothing easy about building muscles. I believe anyone (unless you have a medical condition that prevents you from doing so) can build muscle. With the right amount of food, with the right food, hard work and patience. Luck has nothing to do with it. I get up every day, put my big girl pants on and work my ass off (in my case work my ass on - haha) at the gym. I also eat the right food, when I have to whether I'm hungry or not. I'm working on the patience part, haha. My coach and I know that it's going to take a while for me to have the booty that we're going to be very happy with, maybe next year at junior nationals, my new and improved booty will make it's debut!

For now, our focus is building muscles. With that, we have to break them down by lifting heavy and build them up by resting and feeding them. We're not too worried about the extra fat I'm carrying now, we need fat to build muscle and I'm okay with that. I know that I can lean out when it comes time.

Prep the second time around is not necessarily easier but it's better. I now know how my body reacts to certain things and really focusing on the areas that we need to improve. I also don't carry a whole lot of fat as I was during first prep so I get to have certain things that I couldn't have before like Pop Tarts (as post workout treat). My body is also adjusted to the way I eat and what I eat so the nutrition is not hard at all. I still get to enjoy my treat meals once a week! I love seeing the results of my hard work. I love seeing the transformation and improvements. It's very motivating. I also love the fact that I get stronger every day and it doesn't hurt that I look pretty darn good if I say so myself. :)

To me a fit physique is more than just than a "hot body". It shows hard work that no money can buy. A fit body shows dedication, discipline, self respect, patience, work ethic and passion and THAT to me is attractive!

No comments:

Post a Comment