I can't believe I'm only 18 days out from my very first NPC (a national qualifier at that! Go big or go home right?) show. It seems like it was just yesterday when I said 18 weeks out would be good time for me to start training. Time flew by. It definitely didn't hurt that I was so busy at work but time flew by because I really enjoyed (okay, maybe I had a couple of not so pretty moments) but overall, the journey has been great and that's what Yoko and I wanted to make sure from the very beginning.
During the past 16 weeks, I learned that I can push myself way outside of my comfort zone. Training forced me to reprioritize and really focus on me. It taught me that it's okay to be this kind of selfish. That anything can be accomplished with dedication, determination and will. It taught me that no matter what kind of craziness is happening with other aspects of my life, I can control my mind and body. I also realized that with working out, pushing myself to exhaustion is actually the most relaxing part of my day. I get to the gym and zone out and not think about anything else but myself and focusing on improving my health.
I've become much stronger and capable of things I didn't think would be possible. I'm happier and healthier than ever before and quite frankly it doesn't hurt that I'm starting to look pretty darn good! :)
Well here's to the next 18 days and beyond!
soo proud of you!!!!!
ReplyDelete