Saturday, August 10, 2013

I'm back! (Yet again) with New Beginnings

It's been over a year since I last posted. Well a lot had happened between then and now. So why the come back? Well, I've been laying in bed for 2 hours now, surfing the net, social media and looking through pictures since I can't sleep after my trip from Chicago. I got bored just browsing through stuff so I thought why not "share" (not that I think anyone is reading my blog) what's been going on. It's also a good way for me to clear my head of many thoughts like I used to.

So here it is. 

First of all, Vince and I are now married. I thought I'd state that since I was still engaged when I last posted. 

The wedding was beautiful. Didn't go as smooth as planned but wouldn't change a thing (well maybe a few things, come on, I'm Ronnie..) We celebrated our union at the beautiful Interfaith Peace Chapel by Philip Johnson and we continued the celebration at the Design District in Dallas. We were surrounded by family and friends that traveled from near and far. Friends and family that we've not seen in ages. The day was a blur and 9 hours felt like minutes! Nonetheless, it was one of the best and unforgettable days of our lives. 

I'm also proud to share that our (delicious) left over food for dinner was donated to the homeless and Vince and I delivered fresh flowers centerpieces to a nursing home the following day instead of it going to trash.

We were supposed to have our honeymoon in St.Lucia but got to Miami we had a change of plan, well American Airlines did. They somehow oversold (like they always do) the one and only flight to St. Lucia by 10. Yup, I said 10! Oh for the next 3 days! Luckily, we were able to transfer all of our reservations to Antigua. Once we got there, it was paradise! We were on our own schedule, relaxed and enjoyed each other's company in this tropical island for a whole week!

Getting back to "normal" routine after a month of celebration. You know, turning the big 3-0 the first weekend of October followed by bachelorette party in Vegas and a quick trip to the Grand Canyon the following weekend followed by a wedding weekend, followed by a trip to Antigua the following weekend.

After a few days back in the office, I couldn't wait for Thanksgiving break. Of course, I prepared the spread again this year. And you know, every Christmas Eve, we have Christmas with my family and make the drive to KC right after to spend Christmas to New Years with Vince's family. 

We started the new year great! Both Vince and I are excelling at work, busier than ever. One February night, while working late and waiting for my documents to print, I thought I would get on our Intranet and check out our Denver office. See who I need to start to get to know to get that connection started after all, Vince and I will be moving there in 2-3  years. Well I saw that there were 2 openings for designers and I meet all the qualifications. Long story short, I applied for the job after talking to my boss, interviewed, felt good about it, Vince started applying for a job, got an offer within a week. 

Since we already had a snowboarding trip planned to Breckenridge, I stopped by the office to meet people and that's when they made me an official offer. 

The day before Vince and I got job offers in Denver, this was Vince's fortune cookie:

Less than a month later, we sold, donated, threw some of our stuff and packed up the rest and hit the road and moved to Denver! We've been here since April and loving it! And this is where I thought I could start blogging again. 

I've read a few times that "Fortune favors the bold" but I prefer "proceed and be bold and fortune will follow" 

Vince and I took a leap of faith and followed our hearts. The transition was so easy that it couldn't be wrong. We've never felt so home and a sense of belonging. While we miss family and friends terribly, we're focusing on making new friends and focusing on our little family and our new adventure with our new beginning in Colorful Colorado!



No comments:

Post a Comment