Friday, August 23, 2013

Wait what? No Driving?

Since we've moved to Denver, I have not driven to work. That's the beauty of living close enough to work and in a city that encourages alternative transportation.

Vince and I live in a neighborhood called West Washington Park. Just west (duh) of the very popular and sought after neighborhood. West Wash is apparently the new up and coming neighborhood. We live in an apartment building now, no rush on purchasing a home. We'd really like to get to know the city / state and really decide where we want to live. But our apartment and neighborhood are great!

We are 2 blocks away from the light rail station, which I take half the time and other times I bike to work. Denver has over 850 miles of paved bike lanes / trail and I take advantage of this as much as I can. I get a good 6 mile bike ride before work in such pleasant weather! Biking in a cool 57-60 degree weather through quite streets lined with trees and seeing fellow bikers on the trail is just amazing. I love that Denver is such a bike friendly city. Living just over 3 miles from work has had a great impact. Not having to sit in traffic for an hour just to get to work is truly a blessing! 

My view during my commute via light rail.

My view during my commute via bike trail.








No comments:

Post a Comment