Wednesday, June 6, 2012

If it doesn't challenge you, It doesn't change you

I kept saying that to myself today after another great workout this week. It's Day 3 and I'm starting to get the hang of things again. Megan had no mercy on me today and I like that. I need someone to push me to my limits because I know I can. I'm starting to ignore that little voice in my head that keep saying "I'm too sore for this, I need to stop".

My goal is to work out 5 days a week, general conditioning and some target areas. When we started, we had to set goals. Here are mine:

1. Be Healthy.
2. Be Stronger.
3. Be able to do at least three pull ups with no assistance.
4. Boost my (especially cardio) endurance.
5. Run 5k in under 25 min.
6. Body fat down under 15% (I'd like to be at 11% but we'll see)

I already feel good and getting to the point of being addicted to working out. I gotta remind myself that REST is an IMPORTANT  part of working out.

This week, I'm working out after work since we're still trying to get things sorted out. I will have to make some adjustments and get my butt out of bed early and make it to the gym by 6-6:30. Get a good hour and a half workout and head to work. Working out in the morning is ideal for me due to my long commute. I don't want to get home so late, cook dinner late and eat late. Hopefully the adjustment will be smooth.

Oh and no, the wedding is not my only motivation for this. For anyone that knows me, I like to staying active and looking great at my wedding is just a plus!



No comments:

Post a Comment