Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Yes, I'm a KC Chiefs Fan!

I've been asked a lot lately why am I a Kansas City Chiefs fan and the answer is simple; I support what my love supports. I wasn't really a big football fan (basketball is another thing), I watched football (mostly college) and occasionally watched some Cowboys game (one of the things you can't avoid living in Texas :) but I was never really a fan of a particular team until I met Vince. Funnily enough, when we first met, I was sporting a Cowboys beanie that was given to me and he was of course wearing a Chiefs beanie (picture on the left - yes that was the day we met) - we totally messed with each other saying the one team is better than the other. The joke went on for a while, when we got together he would watch it and sport all sorts of chiefs gear and it didn't bother me at all.


I am as big of a fan of the Dallas Mavericks as he is with the Chiefs. He was never really into basketball until I came along. He watched basketball with me, went to the Mavs game and ultimately became a fan. I used to sit there and watch (well sorta) the Chiefs game with him but I was never really into it; mainly because I didn't entirely understand the game. I knew about the touchdown and all that but the rules, penalties and all that I didn't really know. This year I decided to learn the game and try a little harder in liking football more...and oh boy do I like it. I can actually say I LOVE football and this year with the season that the Chiefs had made for a really exciting year to learn and love this game.
I didn't know enough about the other teams to become a fan of a particular one so I support the team that Vince loves. It's the least I can do for supporting the team that I love. That's what we do. People can't believe I'm a Chiefs fan (they're all about their Cowboys here)! "You do know they suck right?" is what I get all the time. To be honest I don't really care if they suck. To me, you don't become a fan of a team all JUST because they're good. Sometimes you become a fan of something because you went to games with your dad when you were little, you grew up watching that team, you had the greatest times watching that team with your friends or loved ones, or you support that team simply because the one you love supports that team and you support what they support. :)

I know that I'm going to be a Chiefs fan for life. Our kids one day will be Chiefs and Mavs fans for life - they better be or else I'll disown them...okay maybe not, I'll probably just won't give them food for a couple of days...okay maybe just for one day. Lol. I kid!

This year the Chiefs had one hell of a season and hopefully they'll just improve from here; I'd hate to see them go back to 2-3 game wins a year! GO CHIEFS!!!

Now that football is over (well not quite) I can give my full attention to basketball. GO MAVS!!!

5 comments:

  1. So, it's because I love you that I have to point this out. "..mainly because I didn't entirely understood the game." UNDERSTOOD...I think you meant understand. You are so FOBulous!

    Tyson

    ReplyDelete
  2. And for the people that say "You know they suck right?", the Chiefs made it to the playoffs and had a winnings season. I didn't see the cowsucks do that. GO CHIEFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tyson - yes thank you. I don't really proof read these - i really should but thanks for pointing that out and sorry I can't help that I'm a FOB! I know it's all out of love. But I fixed it for you.

    Baby - I know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I get some LOVE for the RANGERS!? You guys need a baseball team to support too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vickie - sorry we support the KC Royals. We went to the Rangers game sporting Royals gear. LOL.

    ReplyDelete