Today I found out that I won the WeddingPhotoUSA Photo Contest! I won 2 weeks free of advertisement on their home page and will be in 2011 Wedding Photo Showcase. :) Not bad for entering on the last day of competition and I still got the most votes! I'm pretty happy with it!
I'm ashamed to say that lately my camera has been sitting on the shelf collecting dust! :( I usually take photographs every time I get a chance. Lately, I feel uninspired and lack the motivation to get out there and take photographs! So, something about winning that contest today seemed to have sparked something in me and I started looking at photography contest. I've seen a lot of no fee contests and I've decided that I'm going to start entering and this will get me out there and be a shutter bug again! I also started looking at my photographs (not the ones taken when we're out having a good time) and I was reminded how much I love photography before I started doing portraits. I took tons of pictures nature/places of wherever I was, whenever I saw something that inspired me! I love it!
So I thought I'd share some with you guys. I traveled a lot and I love clouds - so I have quite a bit of them :) I just think clouds are beautiful! These photographs were taken with my itty bitty point and shoot camera. I tell people all the time, the equipment doesn't make the photograph, the composition and subject does! These photographs bring a smile to my face. I know exactly when and where they were taken! Brings me back to those days! :)
Enjoy!
 |
| A rainy day in school parking lot, that's rain drops on my umbrella :) |
 |
| Redwood National Park, California |
 |
| New York City, NY |
 |
| Redwood National Park, California |
 |
| Redwood National Park, California |
 |
| On the way to San Diego, CA to see Vince (during our long distance relationship) |
 |
| Fourth of July, Eagle Mountain Lake, TX |
 |
| Joe Pool Lake, Arlington, Tx |
 |
| Sunset at the Beach, Galveston, TX |
 |
| Clouds on the way to Amsterdam |
 |
| On the way to San Diego again :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment