I made sure that I did everything I could to stick to my routine as much as possible. I packed my supplements, rice cakes and pre-measured my protein powders in individual ziploc bags and made sure that I had a protein shaker in my purse.
I woke up extra early Monday to get my morning cardio in and made sure to eat breakfast before I left the apartment for the airport. I also knew that I would be on the plane when it comes to meal 2 so I had a protein shaker with premeasured protein and an apple in my purse. When we landed, it was the perfect timing for lunch. My colleagues and I went to a restaurant called Miller's Pub. I didn't have a whole lot of choices and I knew that whatever I would be ordering would not be 100% clean or according to my diet. I ordered a broiled white fish dish that they had on the menu and I had asked for steamed veggies with salad and dressing on the side. The waitress looked at me crazy when I asked her for no butter, no sauce on the fish and no mashed potatoes with gravy that came with the dish. My coworkers looked at me like I was crazy as well. I completely forgot how big of a portion restaurants give you nowadays.
I knew that our group would be going out to eat that night for a nice holiday dinner in the city so I determined that that would be my cheat meal. We went to this amazing restaurant called Sepia. The restaurant was amazing. I enjoyed my meal. I had the branzino (amazing Mediterranean white fish) with Swiss Chard and sweet potatoes - it seems like it's not a cheat meal at all minus the fact that the branzino was cooked with brown butter. It was amazing! Hey! At least I didn't have a whole fatty burger with loads of bacon. I also enjoyed a little bit of foie gras.
The next day, we woke up early and I managed to convinced two of my colleagues to go to the gym with me at 5:30 in the morning for a little cardio session and they did!
At the hotel restaurant I was able to get my usual breakfast of egg whites, oatmeal and cottage cheese. At lunch, the contractor served us deli sandwiches and I had to pick out the turkey, loaded it mustard and ate it with the lettuce. Gave away my chips and cookies that came with it. Later on that night, our client had thrown us a holiday party and they served us a traditional holiday feast. Turkey, ham, green beans, cranberry sauce, stuffing, all types of potatoes and a whole lot of pies! I picked out the leanest turkey slices and loaded my plate with lots of greens, I had a bite of the sweet potatoes but as soon as I did, I definitely tasted the brown sugar and marshmallows so I set those aside. The chef came out and talked to us and noticed that I wasn't eating any dessert, he came to me and asked me if I didn't like any of the food. I told him that I was training and he told me that his trainer is training for a show as well and he is on a similar diet and exercise plan. He asked me if I would like for him to make me something special and I said no thank you since I have to lift tonight. He asked what gym I was going to and I said that I was just going to go to the hotel gym. He said, no way and that I need to go to a real gym. He gave me guest passes to his gym down the street. The chef was so gracious and said that if I'm in town again for the project and need a great healthy meal that complies with my regime, just go to the restaurant and he'll hook me up! How amazing is that??!
I also managed to convinced one of my coworkers to go to the gym with me!
Traveling and training was not the easiest but it also wasn't impossible. I know that I will have many more of travel days and with preparation and dedication, I know that they will be just as successful!


No comments:
Post a Comment