Friday, April 29, 2011

Warrior Dash vs. MudRun

A couple of weeks ago, 6 of us (Vince, Eddie, Abel, Shannon, Yeshica and I) put on our silly outfits and made our way to DFW Adventure park for the Warrior Dash and ready to have the "craziest day of our lives"... so we thought... I personally think that the hype about the Warrior Dash didn't live to expectations. Vince and I did the MudRun last fall and wanted to try the Warrior Dash this Spring. It's half as the length of the MudRun and significantly less obstacles and their much easier as well.

When we get there - we had to park off site and had to be shuttled in to the Adventure Park. When we got there, we were scrambling - we didn't know where we were suppose to pick up our package and all that. We finally find the tent where we were supposed to pick up our package. After waiting a while in line - they tell us we had to sign a waiver form first and had to go to another tent. Which we did. By the time we got our package - put on our number tags - our wave was had already taken off and we had to hurry and make our way to the starting line (which wasn't very clear where it was). Since we had to take off so soon - we didn't have time to put up our package so Vince and Abel ended up carrying their shirts and other stuff with them the entire run.

I thought this was very unorganized. I like the MudRun because you had to pick up your package ahead of time so that all you have to do is show up at the starting line.

The course started off with a short run then the first obstacle was a walk across the water, followed by some running...and there were about 5 or 6 obstacles - non of which I thought were challenging at all. It was a pretty hot day and I thought that one water station at the halfway  mark wasn't sufficient. We saw a lot of walkers and there wasn't a sense of urgency from the competitors - unlike the MudRun. I was very disappointed by the fire obstacle as well...It wasn't really a fire - I don't know maybe because it was windy or what but the fire was pretty much non existent all it was was smoke. I really didn't get dirty until the final obstacle which is the mud crawl. After that - you come out all muddy and it seems like you've just been though hell when in reality it all seems like a cover up.

After the run, we were awarded the warrior medals and make our way to have our picture taken...then we were hoping to get some turkey legs and beer! Only they ran out of turkey legs and beer which was a bummer! We didn't stay much longer after we washed up.

I think the Warrior Dash is more for fun and glamour. It's more about dressing up (costume contests) than actually the challenge of the course. I think it's a good starting point for people who have never done these kinds of runs before but having done the MudRun and go from this seemed like a non challenge to us. You definitely need to these runs with friends because you guys make it fun along the way. Helping each other and calling each other out! Nevertheless, at least now we can say that we've done the Warrior Dash but prefers the MudRun.


















1 comment:

  1. Just found your blogs! So fun, great pics, looks like you have such a fun fulled exciting life and I LOVE that you blog about it! I'm following! Gorgeous photos too!
    Come check out my blog too when you can and tell me what you think, I blog about vintage fashion ;-)
    Brande XOXO
    http://victoryvintageb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete