Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Actively Involved!

A few friends of mine just competed in Figure Competition and I am so proud of them. I know that it took a lot of hard work and dedication and they definitely looked great! Congrats to Minsoo for placing on her first competition ever! Anyhow - she was definitely trying to talk me into doing it. She said I had the "built" for it. Hmmm...yeah I don't think that's ever going to happen. I know I would be able to do the whole giving up things and all that but I just don't want to! lol. But she did give me examples of her work out routine and diet and I decided to take some from that and work it into my workouts (I didn't want to follow her diet and exercise since that's suited for her and her body and strength). I love the gym but sometimes it gets a little boring and monotonous so I thought it's time to change it up a bit.

My friend Summer and I started a group DBAC (Dallas Bebots Adventure Collective) although the guys are complaining saying that they don't want to be "Bebots" (hot chick in Filipino - as popularized by the Black Eyed Peas' song Bebot) so it's DBBAAC (Dallas Bebots and Bad Asses Adventure Collective.) lol. Anyhow, she and I started a facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/pages/manage/?act=70410730#!/pages/Dallas-Bebots-Adventure-Collective/134353879940884?v=wall) and try to get our friends involved as well. The purpose was to get together at least once a week and do something active..ie... volleyball, swimming, biking, rock climbing...etc.

So far we rock climb every other week, played sand volleyball whenever we can, 5ks, and we're training to do the MudRun DFW in November.



 This week - I have my first Flag Football game! So excited! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment