Monday, March 14, 2011

Quitting Before Starting

With the new year comes new year's resolution and most of those are related to weight loss. I've been asked a lot by people to help with the workouts and meal planning and I was more than happy to help but sometimes I feel like it's a waste of my time and their time because once they see or hear what they have to do, they quit before they even start!

To some level I understand because it's totally out of your comfort zone but at the same time since your comfort zone didn't get you to the fitness/health level that you want to be, doesn't that mean changing your perception of your "comfort zone"?

I don't understand how can they say they can't do something if they haven't even tried it? I'm not telling them to try something ludracis such as jumping off a building or eating some unknown creature... It's investing some time and committing to something good for themselves. It's a very simple idea but most people especially busy people who's lives/schedules pretty much revolves around helping/taking care of others find it hard to say that it's okay to spend some ME time. What they don't seem to understand how important that time is. I say if you take care of yourself first you can better take care of the people around you. Right?

Well I think I've gone on and on about this...just frustrations that I needed to get out...even if it doesn't make any sense.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment