So I've done quite a few portrait sessions already and I've noticed a trend from people. They want me to make them look skinny in the pictures. Ummmm....it's possible to an extent BUT my photography philosophy is to capture the real you. If I made you "skinny" or lose your love handles or your double chin or your flabby arms...it's not really you. You should love who you are and if you're unhappy with it...I say do something about it. I'm not sure what the back story are for some people who are a little overweight but I always believe that you at least have to MAKE the EFFORT to get to where you want to be and for some reason or the other you don't get there (which I doubt) after you've given it your all and dedicated yourself 110% to it then you just have to live with it and accept it. Faking it in photos doesn't really reflect who you are.
That's all it was just a thought I had before going to bed that bothered me. I get a lot of inquiries about photo sessions and the first thing they ask me is if I can photoshop them skinny!
No comments:
Post a Comment